SIFT INFORMATION

So, apparently MEPS only has two computers dedicated to the SIFT, and they are both "already full" for Wednesday, so now I'm not scheduled to take it until April 3rd (if it's not full then too - to be confirmed).

I must have devoted a full 15 hours of intensive study to this test in the last week.

Fuming. :angry:

So, apparently MEPS only has two computers dedicated to the SIFT, and they are both "already full" for Wednesday, so now I'm not scheduled to take it until April 3rd (if it's not full then too - to be confirmed).

I must have devoted a full 15 hours of intensive study to this test in the last week.

Fuming. :angry:

Take those extra 2 weeks and study harder.

Push come to shove, You can always take it in Spokane.

I'm out of town next week, otherwise I'd strongly consider that. Thanks for the tip though!

Take those extra 2 weeks and study harder.

You can quiz me next week in DC, pal. ;)

Is the SIFT mostly a math test? I know there has got to have flight patterns but also heard there is a lot of math

Reading this entire thread will answer your question and then some.

• Like 1

So I completed the SIFT. Not sure how many I got right on each section, but my overall score was a 64.

I was the most worried about the hidden figures section because I was having trouble with it in the AFAST study guide; but once i just kept staring at the screen and didn't worry about blinking, the shapes started appearing easily.

The math was hard, but mostly because it was algebra equations that threw me, or those dumb (if you are traveling at 60 mph for 45 min and someone else is going 80 mph for 35 min, how much farther ahead will u be?). So study algebra and math like that.

Section one was a breeze. I don't think I answered all of them in time, but I don't think I missed any either.

Thanks for the tips ahead of time from everyone. Best of luck to those testing soon.

• Like 4

I took the test 11 March. I took the given advice to study the ASTB and FAA rotor handbook and made an extensive amount of flashcards. I studied the GMAT placement test to brush up on math. Read through Arco and Barons study guides for astb and afast portions... The copy of barons study guide I had was inaccurate for quite a few of the practice test questions believe it or not so be careful! I ended up ditching that. Night before and day of I did the practice tests and read through flash cards again and I ended up scoring an 80.

post-33786-0-97472400-1363985280_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys/gals,

i've been lurking these forums for awhile and i've been very impressed with the professionalism and the vast knowledge that is available here. I just have one question about the SIFT test, specifically to those who have taken it.

Will there be a Cyclic and/or Complex Movements Section? Did it just get consolidated with the Flight controls portion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully one day I can contribute to the forums.

Hey guys/gals,

i've been lurking these forums for awhile and i've been very impressed with the professionalism and the vast knowledge that is available here. I just have one question about the SIFT test, specifically to those who have taken it.

Will there be a Cyclic and/or Complex Movements Section? Did it just get consolidated with the Flight controls portion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully one day I can contribute to the forums.

Welcome to the forums! It's a great place.

That's a negative on the Cyclic/Complex Movements section. Gone with the AFAST.

The sections now include:

Simple Drawings (SD) – 2 minutes, 100 questions

Hidden Figures (HF) – 5 minutes, 50 questions

Army Aviation Information Test (AAIT) – 30 minutes, 40 questions

Spatial Apperception Test (SAT) – 10 minutes, 25 questions

Reading Comprehension Test (RCT)– 30 minutes, 20 questions

Math Skills Test (MST) – 40 minutes, test length varies

Mechanical Comprehension Test (MCT) – 15 minutes, test length varies

Earlier in this thread a "SIFT: Frequently Asked Questions" file direct from USAREC has been posted a couple times which has descriptions of each section.

• Like 1

Thank you Lindsey for clearing that up.

Yeah I read ithe FAQ as soon as it came out, but I just wasnt sure if they just included it with the AAIT as part of the flight controls section.

Btw,

I recently got stationed at NAS Whidbey Island and I've been looking for some flight schools to try and get some seat time. I know there is an Aviation Club in Whidbey, but they only deal with Fixed Wing. I've checked out Helicopters North West (it was on your profile =D) but I have questions about that.

Do you guys offer weekend classes or any of the sort?

Again, I really appreciate it!

P.S. I'm in the Navy, Enlisted E-5, and I work on Aircraft Engines (4 years P-3C and 2 years MH-60S)

Thank you Lindsey for clearing that up.

Yeah I read ithe FAQ as soon as it came out, but I just wasnt sure if they just included it with the AAIT as part of the flight controls section.

Btw,

I recently got stationed at NAS Whidbey Island and I've been looking for some flight schools to try and get some seat time. I know there is an Aviation Club in Whidbey, but they only deal with Fixed Wing. I've checked out Helicopters North West (it was on your profile =D) but I have questions about that.

Do you guys offer weekend classes or any of the sort?

Again, I really appreciate it!

P.S. I'm in the Navy, Enlisted E-5, and I work on Aircraft Engines (4 years P-3C and 2 years MH-60S)

Shoot me a PM with yer questions so we don't further derail the topic, but we are indeed open on the weekends.

Thanks for your service!

I took the test 11 March. I took the given advice to study the ASTB and FAA rotor handbook and made an extensive amount of flashcards. I studied the GMAT placement test to brush up on math. Read through Arco and Barons study guides for astb and afast portions... The copy of barons study guide I had was inaccurate for quite a few of the practice test questions believe it or not so be careful! I ended up ditching that. Night before and day of I did the practice tests and read through flash cards again and I ended up scoring an 80.

strong work!!

• Like 1

Holy!