Residency

I didn't see this anywhere in the forum and thought it might be helpful if we knew if any of us lived relatively close to each other or to any new members that may join. I figured that this would allow us to work together at least to a certain degree. I. E. recruiter recommendations etc. I apologize if this is already buried somewhere in this forum but I didn't see it.

• Like 1

Under the 'Forums' tab at the top of the page you can access the 'Member map'.

I'm currently in AZ finishing CFII, then moving back home to Destin, FL in a few weeks.

South/West Virginia, near Bristol, for you NASCAR fans. Sad, that's the only point of reference I've got...

Are you close enough to Blacksburg to claim proximity to VT? You're right that there is nothing else out there. Nothing except Appalachia folk. :-)

I'm in Stafford,VA (about 25 min south of Washington DC, if there is no traffic)

Are you close enough to Blacksburg to claim proximity to VT? You're right that there is nothing else out there. Nothing except Appalachia folk. :-)

Not really, I'm about 1:30 drvie from there. Appalachia folk. Its like Wal-Mart, but everywhere! My wife was interviewed after having a baby and was asked stuff like do you have a dirt floor, know how to flush a toliet? No kidding, it was hospital policy. However, the place is absolutely beautiful and you will not find nicer people anywhere.

• Like 1

Not really, I'm about 1:30 drvie from there. Appalachia folk. Its like Wal-Mart, but everywhere! My wife was interviewed after having a baby and was asked stuff like do you have a dirt floor, know how to flush a toliet? No kidding, it was hospital policy. However, the place is absolutely beautiful and you will not find nicer people anywhere.

Yeah I agree that the scenery is pretty nice. And I'm sure for all their "uniqueness", the southern folks tend to be friendlier (learned that from being stationed in Little Rock, AR).

Fishersville, VA 45 min west of Charlottesville (right in the crook of I81 and I64)

You're kind of in the middle of nowhere too. C'ville is nice though. I love me some Raising Cane chicken tenders.

Yeah I agree that the scenery is pretty nice. And I'm sure for all their "uniqueness", the southern folks tend to be friendlier (learned that from being stationed in Little Rock, AR).

You're kind of in the middle of nowhere too. C'ville is nice though. I love me some Raising Cane chicken tenders.

Not really the middle of nowhere. I am 45 min from H-burg or C-Ville. 1.5 from Roanoke and Richmond. 3 from D.C and Va Beach. Far enough away that I don't really have to deal with huge amounts of traffic but close enough to visit. It is pretty nice. You are about the 6th person who has mentioned Raising Cane in the past week. I may have to try it.

True, you can drive to a lot of places easily. I guess I was referring to immediate area (within 20 min drive). I've only passed through H'burg, but with the college being there, I'm sure it can be entertaining.

And yes, you should. I always noticed it when I would drive from VA to AR, but never had some until I was in Vegas. Hot, fresh and delicious.