May 2014 WOFT Board

For those on the civilian side what did you check your DA 61 as? Active army or Army reserve? My recruiter and battalion keep telling me to do active army and won't let me change it although I'm pretty sure it has to be army reserve.

Yeah, I had the same thought and made sure my recruiter knew exactly what I was talking about when I brought that up, even showed him the guidance page that says to check reserve. Active Army is correct, leave it.

So you check reserve for civilians... ? It does say all applicants... even though the website is built for current mil guys.

Also, any of you sign and date your resume (civilian)? Not typical to do that, but I will to save trouble.

Skyreaper is a civilian just picked up in Jan. My recruiter and battalion are swearing by the same thing (check AD for civilians). I'm not sure why it would be different for civilians but if Sky's packet said that and he was picked up, I'm sure it's fine. I didn't sign and date my resume but I don't think it would matter if you did or not.

Are you talking about the first thing you check on the DA61 where it says "Warrant Officer - Army Reserve", or "Warrant Officer - Regular Army"? If so then you have to check Reserve

No, not so. Item #1 of DA FORM 61, if youre a CIV applicant, check reg Army if thats what you want. Youre info thing says current infantry, thats different, you will check reserves. Something like an anachronism of the past to do that idk.

No, not so. Item #1 of DA FORM 61, if youre a CIV applicant, check reg Army if thats what you want. Youre info thing says current infantry, thats different, you will check reserves. Something like an anachronism of the past to do that idk.

Q: Why am I applying for WO, US Army Reserve, I want to serve on active duty?

A: Don't worry; you will be serving on active duty. All warrant officers receive their appointment in the U.S. Army Reserve as a WO1. This is why you check “Warrant Officer - Army Reserve” in block 1 of the DA Form 61. A Reserve appointment does not affect your pay or type of service. You will serve full time on active duty and will receive the regular active duty pay for WO1. You will be tendered Regular Army upon your promotion to CW2. Note that packets are no longer being accepted if block 1 is check incorrectly.

But you are saying that it's different for civilians? that's weird. But if you were picked up and you selected that then I guess that's what you have to do. AD is supposed to select Reserve though?

Q: Why am I applying for WO, US Army Reserve, I want to serve on active duty?

But you are saying that it's different for civilians? that's weird. But if you were picked up and you selected that then I guess that's what you have to do. AD is supposed to select Reserve though?

I guess so...

Civilian Applicant

Degree: Bachelors Aviation Management

License: Private Pilot License, Instrument Rating & working on my CPL. Total Fixed wing time 267hrs.

ASVAB: 81

The above listed are my stats and i am very much interested in the WOFT program. Is it possible to sit for the SIFT despite reserving 15W and is the PT a prerequisite for the SIFT? I have been trying to get into this program since 2009, to no avail. Currently my recruiters tell me its better joining as enlisted with the 15W and submitting my pckt there after as the process is much easier. I have been having problems with PT of which i scored 170; sit-ups are usually my biggest hurdle.