January 2015 board

No what he's saying is the SIFT score isn't everything. A candidate who is perceived to end up having a very successful career in the army would be preferential to someone who is hard to get along with and will have problems adjusting with perfect scores. The woman who administered my SIFT test told me she had to push someone a year ago to submit their packet with a 43, who thought he didn't have a chance, and he had just come back that week to thank her because he ended up getting selected. High scores are great, and there is no excuse for not trying your hardest. But if you meet the minimum, you still do have a shot.

• Like 3

No what he's saying is the SIFT score isn't everything. A candidate who is perceived to end up having a very successful career in the army would be preferential to someone who is hard to get along with and will have problems adjusting with perfect scores. The woman who administered my SIFT test told me she had to push someone a year ago to submit their packet with a 43, who thought he didn't have a chance, and he had just come back that week to thank her because he ended up getting selected. High scores are great, and there is no excuse for not trying your hardest. But if you meet the minimum, you still do have a shot.

I know, just having a bit of fun. I'd imagine they're looking at the "whole person", or at least I'd hope so.

SIFT Score doesn't really matter. I know guys with 40's who got selected.

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter but I got selected with a low SIFT score. My flight time, and Letters of Recommendation carried me...I have no doubt about that. But that was last year, times are changing, classes are getting smaller and selections are getting smaller. 3 IPs in my primary flight were laid off due to cuts in classes. Bottom line is you need an outstanding all around package now.

I wouldn't say it doesn't matter but I got selected with a low SIFT score. My flight time, and Letters of Recommendation carried me...I have no doubt about that. But that was last year, times are changing, classes are getting smaller and selections are getting smaller. 3 IPs in my primary flight were laid off due to cuts in classes. Bottom line is you need an outstanding all around package now.

Plus, up until fairly recently SIFT scores weren't being looked at by the USAREC board since the test was so new. Those days are over.

I took mine if Feb of last year ....

AAAAAAnd there goes the wind in my sails...

Why is that bro?

Well, just off hand...

Lots of people were just saying that guys were getting in recently with low SIFT scores.

And he just learned said people were getting in when SIFT scores still weren't really understood, and were being ignored.

Not making him feel very good about his own SIFT score.

I am scout I read good.

• Like 1

Update for me!

Conditional Release from HQMC came back approved!

Everything is in order and just have to figure out my 5mb per email crap!

Also trying to get my AKO account fixed ( trouble ticket is submitted).

So I will be with you guys on the Jan 15 Board.

I too am not happy with my SIFT score( I suck at taking test), but kinda hoping the LOR's from the Marine Pilots and my 2000 plus flight hours as a crew chief will help shadow my Sift score.

Beck.. thanks for the heads up on this forum! We will have to get together and crack a cold one when we both get selected!

• Like 1

Update for me!

Conditional Release from HQMC came back approved!

Everything is in order and just have to figure out my 5mb per email crap!

Also trying to get my AKO account fixed ( trouble ticket is submitted).

So I will be with you guys on the Jan 15 Board.

I too am not happy with my SIFT score( I suck at taking test), but kinda hoping the LOR's from the Marine Pilots and my 2000 plus flight hours as a crew chief will help shadow my Sift score.

Beck.. thanks for the heads up on this forum! We will have to get together and crack a cold one when we both get selected!

Good to see another Marine on here, looks like there will be 3 of us on the Jan board. Good sh*t on getting your conditional release back. I wouldn't worry bout AKO just submit using your @USMC.mil address, that's what I was told to do since I check it regularly.
  • Like 1

Good to see another Marine on here, looks like there will be 3 of us on the Jan board. Good sh*t on getting your conditional release back. I wouldn't worry bout AKO just submit using your @USMC.mil address, that's what I was told to do since I check it regularly.

Absolutely! As for the @usmc.mil thing, if my AKO account does not get fixed that is my only option, but I have a buddy in the pipeline now and he recommends AKO if at all possible! He has played these games before! lol sounds like they are understanding when it comes to "inter-service transfers", but I am not trying to use up all of my "LCPL don't know" s right now.. i might need them down the road! j/k

but I am not trying to use up all of my "LCPL don't know" s right now.. i might need them down the road! j/k

Don't worry, it'll turn into "but I'm just a WOJG! I don't know anything."

• Like 2

Don't worry, it'll turn into "but I'm just a WOJG! I don't know anything."

hahaha

Hopefully that will not be me!! I will never go back to that state of mind... that crap drives me crazy!!

so on that topic, Lindsey I just hope I get the chance to prove "That Ani't ME"!! lol

I had an AKO account from a few years ago but I kept running into problems trying to get it setup and renewed and was not able to get a hold of someone while deployed to help me out. I submitted with my USMC.mil account and got confirmation that it was received and in board ready status. Now I just have to update my picture next week and be done with it untill Jan.

Creep.. that is good news on the USMC.mil, thanks!

I should have mine submitted by mon or tue... and I know that I am going to feel relieved until about a week before the board and then start trying to getting anxious like a little kid on x-mas morning! or a groan ass man that has been at sea for almost 4 months waiting to hit that first libo port in Europe (or the south pacific depending on what you like) hahaha

Even though the USAREC page said November was cancelled (even though we have guys reporting being selected), I doubt January would be any more stacked than usual. The reason it was apparently bumped was not a reduction in slots, but trying to make sure that selectees don't have to wait for the second coming to get a school date.

If anything, and this is probably wishful thinking, I'd be willing to bet that the number of people selected in January will total the guys that would have gone in November, as well as those in January.

Either way, my money is on it being an only in-service f**k up. We will see.

New here. Packet submitted today for the JAN FY15 board. Hoping all goes well.

GT/AFQT: 110

SIFT: 60

APFT: 256

Civilian Education:

Military Education: WLC Commandants List, 850 hrs ACC (not that anyone looks at those anymore)

Flight Physical: Complete and stamped

Flight Experience: None

LOR's: CW4 (SOAR),O-5 (BC), O-3 (CC)

Military Experience: 7.5 years TIS Active Duty Army, 4 years TIG as a Sergeant (Battle Field Promotion), Communications NCO, Navigations NCO, Security NCO, Platoon Sergeant of 53 Soldier Platoon, etc....

Waiver: None

Other: 1 Iraq and 1 Afghanistan deployment

Reading that new update for the "nov board" on the recruiting page was for Nov of 2015...

I thought the same thing when I read it, but then wondered when guys from the "nov board thread" said they were or were not selected!

If you also look at the board schedule, it has been updated.

Before all the MOS's had 4 board a year, and now all of them only have 3 per year ( per MOS)

Creep...

I already set a reminder in my phone to call check on it.

• Like 1

Reading that new update for the "nov board" on the recruiting page was for Nov of 2015...

I thought the same thing when I read it, but then wondered when guys from the "nov board thread" said they were or were not selected!

If you also look at the board schedule, it has been updated.

Before all the MOS's had 4 board a year, and now all of them only have 3 per year ( per MOS)

Creep...

I already set a reminder in my phone to call check on it.

I feel so smart right now.