Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Do you walk through the mall inverted with your air medals dangling in your face as you slingload your wife's shopping bags?

Negative. I'd need a UH-60 to sling load that much weight. Not to mention it can only take 9,000 lbs. That's a light shopping day for most women.

Edited by Velocity173
  • Like 1

Drag Multiplications Factors? Never heard of her.

😀 Well I believe you said you were blessed with 60s. It won't be long before you get taught sling load ops and learn about Drag Multiplying Factors. You should be studying 5 & 9 right not and not hitting on Shindig!

Edited by Velocity173
  • Like 1

I think the better question would be: why are you walking around in those locations in uniform in the first place? I understand stopping at the gas station on the way home or whatever, but... the mall?

lol yea Tan but ive seen a lot of unis at the mall i go to....this girl I went to hs with is in the natl guard and she said she loves going to places in her uni B) ....sometimes i think maybe they like the attention but not sure

The occasions where you had to be seen in uniform in public were pretty rare over the 20 years I spent in the Army, but it DID happen sometimes.....but I'm gonna guess that most people I knew that were not part of my unit never saw me wearing my Nomex, Greens, BDUs, Dress Blues or my Khakis (Actually rarely worn...we did like the "TW" version for travelling...VERY comfortable to wear when required to travel in uniform, though). Do they even have or allow TWs anymore? I'm gonna guess not, since they were the most practical to wear for travel (didn't have to wear the "bus driver" hat with them...wore the garrison cap (which we called something else!), most comfortable and likely one of the best looking uniforms.

BTW, "TW" was what we called them...they were actually officially called Tropical Worsted and they were not issue for my era, but were allowed and we had to buy them ourselves. They were accepted in place of the khaki uniforms and looked WWAAAYY better.

sorry but i needed a break from this and the honestly the egg throwing but i am good to go and got word I am boarded....i had to get some packet errors done like sigs on a few forms and shrink essay on 1 pg etc but so glad bc its been a loooong road for me and all i do now is wait

"All I do now is wait" sounds to me like he submitted.

I haven't seen his stats posted???

PT test: failed; recruiter "passed him regardless"

Why I want to be an aviator: Copied, or got serious help on.

Sift: I forget; that was many pages ago

College: No?

Previous flight experience: Family member wouldn't let him touch the controls

I think I got it all?

PT test: failed; recruiter "passed him regardless"

Why I want to be an aviator: Copied, or got serious help on.

Sift: I forget; that was many pages ago

College: No?

Previous flight experience: Family member wouldn't let him touch the controls

I think I got it all?

Couple good LORs and he's in! Edited by Velocity173
  • Like 1