WARRANT OFFICER FLIGHT TRAINING

I'm coming back after a year of sitting on the sidelines. Starting the process over is going to be brutal, especially since I'm not stateside. Worst part will be starting the Physical over.

Anyone have any stats in regards to the Waiver acceptance these last few boards?

I'm curious about the acceptance of medical waivers. I got an email today from flight medicine telling me they will continue with my flight physical, but I will "require waivers for the significant findings" in my medical history. Of course they don't answer their phone, so I don't know exactly what their findings are, but are medical waivers in general a discriminating factor, or is getting your Class 1 all that matters?

As long as you can get the waiver it's not discriminatory once you board. Medical is somewhat common but again is on a case by case basis. I've heard of a few people getting an age waiver if it's only a year or so, but moral waivers are still not really happening. The Army's getting leaner and theres no shortage of applicants, so the army doesn't grant them.

EDIT: I have made a new guide that is much more extensive than what was posted here before.

It is attached.

Lindsey, you are amazing! Been following you for almost two years now. Everything you post is so informative and helpful. Thanks a ton. Future questions to come.

Thanks, I shouldn't need any other waivers, nothing I did when I was young required a moral waiver, and I've kept my nose clean since I joined. Thanks for putting my mind at ease, I was starting to stress about getting medical waivers.

As long as you can get the waiver it's not discriminatory once you board. Medical is somewhat common but again is on a case by case basis. I've heard of a few people getting an age waiver if it's only a year or so, but moral waivers are still not really happening. The Army's getting leaner and theres no shortage of applicants, so the army doesn't grant them.

I am submitting a moral waiver for a DUI I earned 10 years ago, before I joined the Marine Corps.

Did you get one the first time you tried to submit a packet? The only reason you MIGHT get one is because it was so long ago, but every single person on this forum who tried to get on over the last 2 or so years has been denied.

Did you get one the first time you tried to submit a packet? The only reason you MIGHT get one is because it was so long ago, but every single person on this forum who tried to get on over the last 2 or so years has been denied.

I had a moral waiver approved and I got picked up in NOV. It was not a DUI but was prior to the start of my military career.

Question about Moral Waivers.

Currently active duty Air Force, have a 2 year degree and my ppl. Looking to apply in July. Long story short while I was in tech school I was issued a class III misdemeanor for spiritous liquor in body (underage drinking) hired a lawyer and all charges were dropped/dismissed and never filed seeing as it's my only ticket of any kind. Does this require a moral waiver seeing that no charges were ever filed and my record is 100% clean. There is no record of the ticket ever being written and no trial oft court actions. Thank you for any responses.

I am in the Army National Guard, currently 11B. I have put in my packet for WOFT, passed the SIFT, have a high PT score, and now preparing for my boards in January. Can anyone assist me with what to prepare for going into the boards?

Thanks!

Learn to cross all fingers? All of them.

Does anyone have any updated information on PRK vs LASIK for WOFT? I saw posts from a few years ago so I'm sorry if I missed the more recent posts.

If anyone has any info regarding if a medical waiver is needed or not because of the PRK surgery and the chances of it getting approved?

I've made an appointment to have a consolation for PRK in February and will start talking to a recruiter soon hopefully.

Any information will help! Thank you!

Hello,

I am curious if anybody could answer some of my questions about my chances on getting selected for WOFT.

• AGE - 22
  • GT - 118
  • SIFT - 53
  • Active Army E-5 (Infantry) 4 YRS TIS
  • APFT - 290 average
  • College - 9 credits (english class / Criminal justice) 3.3 GPA

I haven't completed my packet yet it is almost done, I am trying to get in by the May 2015 board.
My flight physical was a very difficult to get because I had a previous spontaneous pneumothorax (popped lung) back in Afghanistan in 2013. It took 2 years of bugging the flight surgeon, but it finally went up to FT. Rucker and got accepted. Also does anyone know how many people apply to these boards and get selected?

If there is anyone who can help fill me in on ANYTHING that would be great! Thank you.

Does anyone have any updated information on PRK vs LASIK for WOFT? I saw posts from a few years ago so I'm sorry if I missed the more recent posts.

If anyone has any info regarding if a medical waiver is needed or not because of the PRK surgery and the chances of it getting approved?

I've made an appointment to have a consolation for PRK in February and will start talking to a recruiter soon hopefully.

Any information will help! Thank you!

http://www.rucker.amedd.army.mil/assets/documents/pdf/army_apls_28may2014.pdf

HRC no longer allows you to see the statistics of the selection process. Can anyone enlighten me the pass rate, and what my chances are going off my scores?

This is incorrect you can still view the milper messages to see the statistics, for 153a it averages 45-50selects out of 150-200 candidates per board.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I've been reading this forum for about 3 days now and the amount of information you have provided is amazing. I am not planning on turning in my packet for about the next 2 years (due to certain contract obligations). However, I do have a question about the flight physical. Sometime last year I injured a ligament due to an airborne operation and had to get a small metal plate inserted in my foot. I'm not on permanent profile and will still be on jump status, so the injury isn't serious. Does anyone know if that would disqualify me?