Flight Physical Issues

Alright, to start out I've been watching the board now for several months but haven't felt the need to post until now. The process of putting a packet together is going on 9 months and I've hit another road block. My recruiter has been stringing me along saying he's just waiting on conformation from my flight physical (its been 10 weeks) so we started setting up times to take the AFAST (yes I know about the SIFT). So I called him today to get more information about tomorrow's AFAST test time ( planned on taking it for practice while the recruiter realized I was right about the SIFT) and the recruiter tells me my flight physical hasn't been sent to ruckers yet. He now informs me that its still sitting at the national guard armory where I took my flight physical and they haven't sent it through yet.

1. I feel like I have no leverage to do anything about this at this point. Do I go around my recruiter and call the armory where I took the flight physical?

2. Why is there even an option to take the AFAST at this point?

3. If I do call the base can they even release the information to me (they are my medical charts after all)

Id call the med review location (armory) that you went to and tell them your story. Truthfully, that your recruiter isnt much help and you want to check the statuss of your phys. If its sent out yet or lost or something. Whats the worst they can tell you?

I had the same problem when I was trying to get my physical approved. You HAVE to bug your recruiters, call them everyday asking for any updates. Be polite but don't worry about "annoying" the recruiter, this is his job! Second this is YOUR packet so do whatever you can do to get things moving, I would call the armory and get ahold of the person in charge of sending your flight physical to Rucker. Again be polite but don't worry about "annoying" them. They should have sent your flight physical to Rucker 1-5 days after you took it, so if it's still sitting there they are not doing there job correctly! And there will be no information to release to you, all you need to do is have them send it to Rucker, so there is nothing to worry about confidentiality. You only need a copy of the flight physical when you submit your packet. Good Luck! If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

It is pretty common that by the time the applicant has been approved, the entire recruiting station is annoyed by him or her. That is because the applicant needs to be on top of things at all times, and this may be a little uncomfortable, but nobody cares about your packet as much as you do...

I had to call the medical facility a couple times before they finally sent it to Rucker, and I also called Rucker (Mr. Garcia) several times to follow up. I suggest you do the same. Not only show interest but act on it.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I've had to send 4 emails and leave 3 messages with my recruiter since the new year, for him to return a call. He told me the office would be in and out over the holiday break and not back til 7 Jan, so that's when I started reaching out. My next step was to call my friend (a CW4 who's giving me one of my LoR's), who told me if the guy didnt reply to me that he'd go in there and either throw rank around or set him straight. The recruiter called me Friday and I played phone tag all day today. Annoying or not, I was screwed by my USAF recruiter when I came out of high school, I'm not falling for that again.

Good luck on sorting that stuff out. Hopefully the speed bumps lessen soon.

• 1 month later...

Lindsey, I'm active and my phys came back approved within days (6-8).

For the OP, if you get your physical done on an army post. There is no reason that it can't be quick. It all goes into the computer and is reviewed electronically. Nobody cares more about your packet than you. You must be more involved. Show your recruiter the warrant recruiting website. Show him the AFAST is worthless to you now. Don't take no for an answer and don't waste your time studying and taking a test that doesn't help you. The Navy flight test is closer to then SIFT than the AFAST, study that one.

I'm too tall to fly Kiowas as well......

I'm actually really interested what the numbers on this actually are and if you can skirt around it? I'm 6'3 ish and 58's are by far my first choice so I'm a little nervous. I got my PPL in Schwiezer 300's though so I figure if I can fit in that I'll be fine in the Kiowa. Most of my height is in my legs too but I'm still curious on this process.

I'm 77 inches and I have a DQ on my flight physical for flying the 58.

I busted 3 different measurements, but I knew I was going to fly 60's anyways since I'm guard

After flying the 67 and 58, I'm glad to not be flying those being as tall as I am. Nothing was comfortable in those aircraft, my back and knees always hurt after flying.