Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

No, you haven't. You continue to complain and moan about people messing with you. Take it in stride or ignore it. You sound like a kid who didn't get his toy at the toy store. "But mooooooom, whyyyyy can't I have it? Why do people keep poking fun at me?" Like charyoutree and others have said, being a complainer and/or not having "thick skin" will get you precisely nowhere in the Army (and in life). If you read around these forums you'll see countless occasions of people making fun of each other, sometimes in jest and sometimes less so. Complaining about it continues to point to an immaturity that, unfortunately, cannot be cured in a month's time. Your best bet is a famous saying: "mouth shut, ears open." Or in this case, eyes. Read around here and see who has garnered a lot of respect and how they've done so. Imagine, when you're here, you're at your board interview. If they crack a joke at you, you're not going to whine about it, are you? Take it in stride.

whats interesting about you is when a woman comment was made about you .... you responded by saying, mindblowing isnt it...

when i mentioned that driving that big truck at p office was challenging....which it was.... you came back and said, if driving a truck was a challenge you may want to explore other options...

and when i said i changed you lashed out and you were quick to respond and say i havent and compared me to a little kid who didnt get what he wanted....

i get it, i get what your dealing with....your a woman and you always will be and you always will have an uphill battle in a mans world and mans profession... some of your insecurity has come through and so your defense is to critizise and lash out whenever the chance is there...i understand....

but in all honesty your similar to me in a way ....yes your a woman and im a guy but ive had an uphill battle my whole life too just in a different way....and always will have it to a certain extent ...but the good news for me is i can now join the military and serve openly and be who i am ...will i get bashed at times?....oh yeah i will but i have since i was a small kid...but thats not going to stop me...it never will and my skin is thick enough dont worry

ive learned to be comfortable with who i am and i hope you will too....good luck

Oh my god.

Boy, this is where you fail.

1. Driving a big truck might be a challenge, I'll give you that, but let's be realistic here. you say you worked at a post office, so that's going to get rid of any large vehicle such as a Fedex truck. Generally the vehicles used by a post office will fall under the same sized as a regular sized vehicle. Basically a truck with a box on the back. This is the first issue because in your mind you are showing everyone here that you are able to overcome challenges. The problem with that is you are trying to say that because you drove a Post office vehicle, that gives you the ability to overcome the challenge of flying a 30 million dollar aircraft. Do you see the logic in this?

2. Saying you changed and showing change are completely different things. you have already proven you haven't changed by lashing out against very influential and important people that can make or break you for WOFT. If we want to break this down farther, your first mistake was saying you were doing Army Aviation because it was easier. You know what? I'm an 18 year old kid, I'm doing this because I want to serve the men and woman on the ground. The difference between you and I is that I know when to shut up and listen. I know to research everything to find answers for stupid questions and generally I don't even need to ask these stupid questions because they are common sense.

3. Don't even f*cking pull that "It's a mans world." Just f*cking stop, is this the f*cking 50's? Lindsey will destroy you.

4. Nobody here cares about your uphill battle because everyone here has their own uphill battle they face.You have proven your skin is not thick enough because you lash out any any kind of belittlement. You know what though? A lack of thick skin is not the problem here. It's you trying to say you have thick skin. Do you know how many 17 to 19 year old's join the military? Your "thick skin" is nothing compared to what you get in basic or WOCS. I'm going to give you a piece of advice and philosophy I follow, this might help you when you feel small or weaker then everybody else. I STRIVE to be the weakest link in the chain. That means I have room to improve. That means I can expect everybody else around me to be better and do better then me. I like that, that gives me a bar to set and improve upon. This is the same logic I used in Tennis season. I thought I was the worst person on the team. What was my record at the end of the year? 31-6 with a trip to State. Next best record on the team? 19-16. When you put your face into the ground and focus on improving you will surprise yourself.

Now start improving by finding another community.

Edit- found a typo.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

I'm so glad the post I was trying to make failed... I'm just gonna sit back with some popcorn and watch this happen... I got angry and started to post in defense... What was I thinking

I'm so glad the post I was trying to make failed... I'm just gonna sit back with some popcorn and watch this happen... I got angry and started to post in defense... What was I thinking

Unfail it, I would have liked to see it ;)

Don't worry, check out my edit.

You. Is your packet done yet? Where at you at with it? You need to be at Rucker, your head is screwed on straight. Send me a PM.

• Like 1

No, I'm pretty confident when I say almost everyone here would have said the EXACT same thing to you, if we cared about you. and almost all of us are not "woman". The fact that you have taken the one person here who might actually give you straight advice, and treated her that way, has now left you with nothing to benefit.

You should heed her every word, open your eyes, and wake the hell up. While you're at it, learn some respect/humility. The fact that she's a woman (which equates to more of a man than you'll ever amount to) doesn't change or degrade the validity or importance of her words.

I'll do you a solid favor, take every word she's said to you, and make it come from me...

There, I said it, I'm not a woman. Now what... More whining to mom cause the interwebz are being mean? Or will you take the advice from people who have been there done that, or are here doing it, like Lindsey and I, and realize that the people you are talking to on here will not only be your superiors if God helps you, OR are like stearman and control whether you even get accepted or not.... The interview starts now kid, wake up, spotlights on you...

• Like 2

You. Is your packet done yet? Where at you at with it? You need to be at Rucker, your head is screwed on straight. Send me a PM.

This sounds like a familiar post....

If he takes as long as you did, you'll be working in BN, and can write his recommendation yourself!

• Like 1

STOP FEEDING THE TROLL.

Hey not all of us are busy with things like IPC! Some entertainment (though perhaps the equivalent of, say, Jersey Shore in Shindig's case), is a nice break from the norm. At least it's all contained in one thread. Now go study your 78-page tandem rotor aerodynamics ;)

• Like 1

No, I'm pretty confident when I say almost everyone here would have said the EXACT same thing to you, if we cared about you. and almost all of us are not "woman". The fact that you have taken the one person here who might actually give you straight advice, and treated her that way, has now left you with nothing to benefit.

You should heed her every word, open your eyes, and wake the hell up. While you're at it, learn some respect/humility. The fact that she's a woman (which equates to more of a man than you'll ever amount to) doesn't change or degrade the validity or importance of her words.

I'll do you a solid favor, take every word she's said to you, and make it come from me...

There, I said it, I'm not a woman. Now what... More whining to mom cause the interwebz are being mean? Or will you take the advice from people who have been there done that, or are here doing it, like Lindsey and I, and realize that the people you are talking to on here will not only be your superiors if God helps you, OR are like stearman and control whether you even get accepted or not.... The interview starts now kid, wake up, spotlights on you...

have some respect.. really? sounds like double standard to me...look its obvious that certain friends have other friends backs ...no matter what...the same goes for certain communities ..I guess its easy to fall into that when you join up...because when your going to war you always have to have each others backs no matter what....so i kind of get it....however, i think the more respectful and mature thing is to give credit where credit is due and not have blinders on all the time and have slanted views. But...did I ever say or imply i was whining? No. theres a difference between whining and simply not agreeing and being frustrated with some of the words against me that just werent true...so i responded to express my opinion..nothing more and nothing less. it's not whining...theres Big difference.

What credit is due to you, again? I must have missed that part. Was it for having the balls to tell us all we went the easy route, instead of one of the hard ways to become a pilot? Or was it for delivering the mail? My goodness. Some of those packages probably weighed 30 Lb!

• Like 1

What does whining mean to you? Because Merriam-Webster defines it as "complaining in an annoying way," and you have had multiple people say you are doing one, the other, or both.

To complain is "to say or write that you are unhappy, sick, uncomfortable, etc., or that you do not like something." You do not like some of the words against you, and you discuss it incessantly.

If you said you do not like something, by definition that is a complaint. You've done it numerous times. You're complaining. Many people have called you a troll, indicating you are annoying. You complain in an annoying way. YOU do not decide if you are annoying or not, people around you do. Just as you do not decide if you are mature enough--that is a determination made by peers and superiors alike.

Just because YOU feel like you have not whined or are mature does not make those things true. You have subjected yourself to observation by the mere fact that you have posted on these forums. Everyone does. I did in 2009. None of us are special. You have subjected yourself to an incredibly wide variety of fellow applicants, WO1s, CW2s, CW3s, CW4s, CW5s, and O-grade officers, some who quite LITERALLY will be the ones reviewing your packet should it ever see the light of day.

You perceive everyone is against you. Why is that? Why you and not Tesla? Why you and not Caelus? Why you and not Won2Be? They are all fellow applicants who have come here and asked questions. Your perception is correct. You need to examine why we "pick on you." It is not random. CW4s do not come on here to pick on someone at random. And yes you have had a CW4 on here trying to make you see sense, and you have ignored him. There is something very specific about you that we do not like, and it is your attitude, immaturity, and incessant whining about lack of respect.

Lack of respect? I'm a mere WO1 but I am light years ahead of where you are sitting right now. I do not toot my own horn but maybe you need some information. I graduated college in 3 years, working full-time at the airport. Then I went and got my helicopter license on my own dime, still working. Then, I got the rest of my ratings and became a flight instructor. 23 years old teaching people twice my age to fly incredibly dangerous and fascinating machines. And then, I did what you are trying to do. I put in a packet, was picked up, went through BCT, WOCS, SERE, Primary, Instruments, and BWS. Soon I'll be selecting my advanced airframe. Guess what? I am nothing special. EVERYONE has their own story and many are way more inspiring than mine. I worked hard to get here but many others have worked even harder. No one cares. I am not a special cupcake. You are not a special cupcake. No one wants to hear your sob story.

And I'm one of the lowest ranking here. Do you think your status as a current civilian allows you to say things like "your a woman and you always will be and you always will have an uphill battle in a mans world and mans profession"? Or "ive learned to be comfortable with who i am and i hope you will too....good luck"? You sign that dotted line and suddenly every single one of us is your superior. People do not change overnight. You will not change overnight. That means you will continue your disgusting lack of respect when you're in as an E-1. Good luck with that. You have no idea what this profession is. A man's profession? You haven't spent one day in the Army, let alone one day as an Army Aviator. Believe it or not, the Army has evolved past such black-and-white thinking. Maybe you should too.

Bottom line: you need to realize your place here, and it is the dirt at the bottom of the totem pole. You have dug yourself there. Examine why and how that has happened. Stop being so damn defensive. Do not respond to this with "I'm not complaining" or "no one treats me with respect" or "its a two-way street." It isn't always a two-way street. You still have to salute that O-3 whether you love him or think he's the worst officer you've ever met. Get used to it. Welcome to the Army.

• Like 3

Shindig,

I don't really care for you either, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what annoyed me so much....I think it's just cuz' you're a whiny douche bag. I'm not picking on you, rather I'm doing you the favor you father apparently never did.

Anonymity if for perverts, if you're actually interested in military service I'll make it easy for you; you ain't cut out for it. You are not suited for the lowest, dirtiest, least skilled job any recruiter, from any service has to offer. You are what's wrong with America. That, and Kurigs...

You didn't offend anyone on here, most all of us are where you claim to want to be, we're laughing at you. I don't care what hardships you've endured, what daddy issues you're dealing with, you don't have what it takes to wear a flag on your shoulder. I'm not even sure you were a decent postman, I mean the postal service is on the verge of bankruptcy, stamps are almost .50 a piece, and you don't deliver on Saturdays anymore. You probably caused half those problems; something else you suck at.

And don't f*ck with my Lindsey anymore, she's the best little mascot a web forum could ever have.

Go away turd, your entertainment value is gone...

Mike-

• Like 6

lindsey...ok so the fact that you wrote a novel in response to my last post says some things about you...some of the same things you claim against me... that I don't have thick skin? ok well if you had thick skin you wouldn't be so bent out of shape after every one of my post as if someone is trying to belittle you...settle down... please.

I'm not trying to belittle you...the reality is that certain people....me included...get bashed for who we are..sometimes its females, sometimes minorities....sometimes its our religions...sometimes its our handicaps. Nothiing wrong with being different ... and yeah its not politically correct for me to even mention this kind of stuff and it gets people all worked up but thats the reality even in todays world...but obviously you are taking all this the wrong way..and Im sorry you feel that way...

Shindig,

I don't really care for you either, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what annoyed me so much....I think it's just cuz' you're a whiny douche bag. I'm not picking on you, rather I'm doing you the favor you father apparently never did.

Anonymity if for perverts, if you're actually interested in military service I'll make it easy for you; you ain't cut out for it. You are not suited for the lowest, dirtiest, least skilled job any recruiter, from any service has to offer. You are what's wrong with America. That, and Kurigs...

You didn't offend anyone on here, most all of us are where you claim to want to be, we're laughing at you. I don't care what hardships you've endured, what daddy issues you're dealing with, you don't have what it takes to wear a flag on your shoulder. I'm not even sure you were a decent postman, I mean the postal service is on the verge of bankruptcy, stamps are almost .50 a piece, and you don't deliver on Saturdays anymore. You probably caused half those problems; something else you suck at.

And don't f*ck with my Lindsey anymore, she's the best little mascot a web forum could ever have.

Go away turd, your entertainment value is gone...

Mike-

well i didnt realize i was on this board to provide enterttainment value in the first place ...but i guess some see it that way....

and i don't like coffee

Add that to the list of reasons you don't belong. Ha. Like Mike said, be gone.

No kidding. A Warrant that doesn't like coffee? Blasphemy. Automatic NQ-NS.

And oh Mike, I own two Keurigs. One at my house and one still at the ol' office over at KPWT, have a cuppa on me. Got an 80-pack of K-cups for $25 yesterday. If this is how America is destroyed then at least I'll be sufficiently caffeinated.

I'm not here to back anyone up as I have not been part of this forum long or am not officially part of this community yet, but shindig you are constantly blaming others or trying to discredit others. I am not a psychologist so I won't attempt to delve into why you do that, and I suggest you try and stop doing it to others. Cowboy up and stop trying to distract from your faults, accept the critiques people have given you and improve upon those qualities. I am not posting this to pick on you, I am posting this to advise you that there is gold in these posts, you just have to be willing to recognize it and use it. You want people to respect you, demand it through actions and not through words, improve upon what people have told you and don't tell everyone all that you have been through, just use it as fuel. If you are unwilling to take an honest deep look at yourself and improve yourself than take the advice of Mike (stearmann4) and don't waste your's or any recruiter's time.

• Like 2

Add that to the list of reasons you don't belong. Ha. Like Mike said, be gone.

whats odd is that i dont like coffee but i do like coffee flavored candy... i think its because my family used to always buy it and when i was a kid it was either swedish fish or that and i hate swedish fish

Okay, I am officially convinced it's a troll. Whoever you are, you deserve an award for winning the Internet. I hope you fess up soon so we can afford you the appropriate honors! You had me convinced; outstanding work. +1

• Like 1

I'm not here to back anyone up as I have not been part of this forum long or am not officially part of this community yet, but shindig you are constantly blaming others or trying to discredit others. I am not a psychologist so I won't attempt to delve into why you do that, and I suggest you try and stop doing it to others. Cowboy up and stop trying to distract from your faults, accept the critiques people have given you and improve upon those qualities. I am not posting this to pick on you, I am posting this to advise you that there is gold in these posts, you just have to be willing to recognize it and use it. You want people to respect you, demand it through actions and not through words, improve upon what people have told you and don't tell everyone all that you have been through, just use it as fuel. If you are unwilling to take an honest deep look at yourself and improve yourself than take the advice of Mike (stearmann4) and don't waste your's or any recruiter's time.

honestly i wish i could talk to someone directly on the phone....i really do. Maybe its just my style in how i use words...but Im not as immature and a loser as so many of you are portraying me to be. I think youd find me a different person when its a real voice and not this computer stuff.

Im as serious as i could possibly be to pursue woft...Ive aready improved my pushups ...ive changed my diet...ive been studying for the sift, etc. Its not in me to upset or aggravate people but i feel like every post I'm doing that.