Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Just for more fun, shindig, what are your hobbies exactly?

i spend a lot of time with mom and grandpa...especailly grandpa because his health is bad and i dont know how much long he has....but i also like watching tv and shooting hoops sometimes....and flying is so fun but my experience is only as a passenger in my uncles plane...of course im hoping to change that. i'm hoping to get a job this summer so i can pay for a few flight hours.

9870.jpg

i dont get all the hate guys....but whatever...ive dealt with it since i was a kid...but like i said i dont let others stop me from doing my best and reaching my dreams

i dont get all the hate guys....but whatever...ive dealt with it since i was a kid...but like i said i dont let others stop me from doing my best and reaching my dreams

Because you came on here and said you wanted to be an Army, rather than Navy or Air Force, pilot because it's easier. You, an 18 year old, implied that you had any knowledge whatsoever of what this job or getting this job is like.

Donnie, you are out of your f*cking element.

i spend a lot of time with mom and grandpa...especailly grandpa because his health is bad and i dont know how much long he has....but i also like watching tv and shooting hoops sometimes....and flying is so fun but my experience is only as a passenger in my uncles plane...of course im hoping to change that. i'm hoping to get a job this summer so i can pay for a few flight hours.

My limited experience in an airplane is that it is very different flying than a helicopter.

You might look around for an introductory flight in a helicopter, buy an hour or so if you nothing else offers before you direct yourself to the goal of becoming a professional- especially military, they do literally and figuratively own you.

Until you get your feet wet, you don't know how the water is. This is nothing like what I thought it would be forty-seven years ago. I know a lot of professionals (doctors, lawyers) who hate what the spent about a decade learning to do. That's sad, but they're almost always knocking down decent coin, whereas a disappointed pilot is broke and unhappy at work...

Edited by Wally

As an ex-leg, who's hopped out of a few helo's in theater, I resent this statement.

For the record, some of the smartest guys you will ever meet are presently serving as infantryman, and some of the dumbest. Just saying...

Had to say it, that is all.

No offense meant. That was a statement against his attitude, as opposed to his intelligence. As in: a little bit of time in the infantry might straighten him out. But he's got to be a troll. Just...has to be. So, it's a moo point.

• Like 3

No offense meant. That was a statement against his attitude, as opposed to his intelligence. As in: a little bit of time in the infantry might straighten him out. But he's got to be a troll. Just...has to be. So, it's a moo point.

Fair enough...

I like steak...

You should give me steak...

i hate to ask this because i know i'm gonna get some hate and backlash and some of you will call me a troll again...but i do have a serious question about .whether i can bring my cell phone to boot camp? i asked a few and i got different answers.. the reason i ask is because id like to talk to my grandpa a time or two during my training especially since he is having health issues...it would mean a lot to me...and also my mom if possible

No I'm not kiddin you actually tradew ....But if you dont have a good answer ....THEN DoNT ANSWER ... Gosh I'm tired of this stuff

Shindig, you can google, yes?

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyjoin/a/basiccellphone.htm

"Turns out the "cell phone" rumor is true. Recruits in many (not all) Army Basic Training platoons are now allowed to use personal cell phones to call friends and families, send text messages, and to update their Facebook and Myspace status.

Not all the time, of course. Prior to the new "cell phone program," well-performing platoons were often rewarded with a phone call home on Sundays. To take advantage of this, recruits would have to stand in line at pay phones and call using a calling card, or call collect. Phone calls were generally limited to just a few minutes to make sure everyone in the platoon had a chance to call.

Under the new policy, cell phones are kept by the Drill Sergeant, and returned to recruits for a period time each Sunday, if the DS feels the platoon "earned" the privilege. Of course, recruits who don't have a cell phone are still allowed to use the old pay phones.

In a way, this kind of makes sense. One of the reasons the US Military is so successful is that they are willing to take full advantage of new technology. Most adult members of our society carry a cell phone these days. New military recruits generally have a cell phone with them all the time, following basic training. Some military members even use cell phones to call home from overseas assignments."

• Like 1

Shindig, you can google, yes?

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyjoin/a/basiccellphone.htm

"Turns out the "cell phone" rumor is true. Recruits in many (not all) Army Basic Training platoons are now allowed to use personal cell phones to call friends and families, send text messages, and to update their Facebook and Myspace status.

Not all the time, of course. Prior to the new "cell phone program," well-performing platoons were often rewarded with a phone call home on Sundays. To take advantage of this, recruits would have to stand in line at pay phones and call using a calling card, or call collect. Phone calls were generally limited to just a few minutes to make sure everyone in the platoon had a chance to call.

Under the new policy, cell phones are kept by the Drill Sergeant, and returned to recruits for a period time each Sunday, if the DS feels the platoon "earned" the privilege. Of course, recruits who don't have a cell phone are still allowed to use the old pay phones.

In a way, this kind of makes sense. One of the reasons the US Military is so successful is that they are willing to take full advantage of new technology. Most adult members of our society carry a cell phone these days. New military recruits generally have a cell phone with them all the time, following basic training. Some military members even use cell phones to call home from overseas assignments."

Yes i googled and got different feedback...but thanks for your honest input on this...it means a lot