Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

Myspace still exists?

I discounted Google when I got to MySpace lmao

Shindig, you should ask your recruiter. They would have the most updated information regarding your question.

Yup, you will get your phone. It will stay in your locker except for when you call home to tell mom and grandpa you aren't dead when you change cycles. Woe betide any recruit using it outside of this time.

Had to look up "betide." Thanks for the new word!

Myspace still exists?

"Pay phones" still exist???

When the FBO remodeled at my last airport, a collector (people collect phone booths?) came out and picked up the phone booth.

Edited by Wally

I talked to my recruiter today ... He said sift is super hard so we scheduled it a few weeks from now .... I just hope I do good ... A worry is having to wake up so early for test because right now I go to bed so late and I dont want to be tired when taking a test like that. Each night Im going to try to knock 15 mins off my bed time

Im also going to try each week to get my pushups up because right now I cant do a single full uniform style one. But running and situps are much better. I just have to keep trying and gutting it out

I talked to my recruiter today ... He said sift is super hard so we scheduled it a few weeks from now .... I just hope I do good ... A worry is having to wake up so early for test because right now I go to bed so late and I dont want to be tired when taking a test like that. Each night Im going to try to knock 15 mins off my bed time

Im also going to try each week to get my pushups up because right now I cant do a single full uniform style one. But running and situps are much better. I just have to keep trying and gutting it out

I'll bite, again...

You can't do a SINGLE pushup, and you're already trying to do this? I'm fairly certain a PT test is part of your packet. You might want to slow down on your thinking of joining the military at ALL until you're reasonably physically fit. Fastest/soonest way out of WOCS is to fail the initial PT test. Some of the more demanding standards you'll find in the Army.

I still think the best possible outcome of this whole thing is:

1) You're real.

2) You submit an otherwise acceptable packet.

3) Stearmann boots it the minute he sees it.

So, if you make it to BCT, your call out is, "IM UP, THEY SEE ME, IM DOWN FOREVER, DRILL SGT HELP ME UP, I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!" Edited by Yamer

I'll bite, again...

You can't do a SINGLE pushup, and you're already trying to do this? I'm fairly certain a PT test is part of your packet. You might want to slow down on your thinking of joining the military at ALL until you're reasonably physically fit. Fastest/soonest way out of WOCS is to fail the initial PT test. Some of the more demanding standards you'll find in the Army.

I still think the best possible outcome of this whole thing is:

1) You're real.

2) You submit an otherwise acceptable packet.

3) Stearmann boots it the minute he sees it.

Yea I cant do one but I can do maybe 10 -12 by not going down all the way .... Ive never tried a military pushup that's why and so I havent use certain muscles in chest and I have longer arms .... Im not making excuses its just harder for me RIGHT NoW.... But I'm working on it

And i dont know what stearmann is so don't know what you are talking about

Yea I cant do one but I can do maybe 10 -12 by not going down all the way .... Ive never tried a military pushup that's why and so I havent use certain muscles in chest and I have longer arms .... Im not making excuses its just harder for me RIGHT NoW.... But I'm working on it

And i dont know what stearmann is so don't know what you are talking about

Come to Papa.....

• Like 7

I'm really bored at work and the forum has been dead so I took a minute and made a collection of the hilarious sh*t Shindig has said. Maybe he's a troll, maybe's he's a turd, idk, but its hilarious. Actually, reading it all at once, it really seems to point towards troll. Enjoy the laughs/ Try to control your rage.

huh? so they'd rather dodge bullets than fly cool aircraft? I don't get it...

yeah but nobody says ...my dream is to shoot people in the face
yeah fighter aircraft would be the best for sure, but i don't think i'd be good enough to get a fighter slot in the AF or Navy. Gotta be top notch. The Army i heard is a lot easier so I'm aiming for that.
War is war and you gotta do what you gotta do.
i can be an Army pilot right now
AF, Navy and even Marines are top notch for flying for sure...but the Army isn't too shabby....
I understand it's about the mission and that's why Army aviation is important. But i'm sure it's also pretty neat to hover over trees and they do get to wear those cool visors just like the other branches.
I even got a job as a mailman last summer when I was 18 because the postmaster said I was wise beyond my years....and being only 5'8, 140 lbs, it wasn't easy carrying a huge sack of letters and boxes from house to house. Not easy drivin that truck either.
a female? Nice.
A warrant pilot More exclusive than a green beret or 2nd Lt ?
Maybe you're ego is overinflated or you are dillusional .... Take ur pick.
(This next one was after probably the best advice he's gotten)
Whatever... Maybe you should quit instigating then and tryin to gain the acceptance of others
I know its important to be a gentleman and nice to the ladies
Wow ok thanks hon
i have straightened up and i have apologized for some of my comments.....maybe some should apologize for calling me a t**d sandwich etc etc ...
i dont let others tell me to do this or do that...
i'm starting to like army pilots more and more because they help out the ground guys.. i like that.
There was a small bump in the road during my phys though...when they drew blood i got a little faint and the lady at MEPS noted that in the comments.
my worry is im really not sure i can do any full pushups...i've just never been strong in my arms and chest.
i was thinking about maybe just enlisting as a military cop or something like that to start off with but i want to be a pilot asap....i want to be able to put in 40 years or so.
he came over today and gave me a helo simulation game called search and rescue. Im not a big video game player or anything like that but i was wondering if a simuator like this might help me on the sift at all?
i dont know how much long he has....but i also like watching tv and shooting hoops sometimes.
A worry is having to wake up so early for test because right now I go to bed so late and I dont want to be tired when taking a test like that. Each night Im going to try to knock 15 mins off my bed time
Im also going to try each week to get my pushups up because right now I cant do a single full uniform style one.
Yea I cant do one but I can do maybe 10 -12 by not going down all the way
  • Like 3

If the OP is what he presents, the Army will make him or break him, good on'em for the try.

I gave up tryin' to guess who would be a fighter and who would be a hider when my top choice for useless got the second silver star...

I told myself not to post on this topic again but I feel that a different lens might aid the conversation.

If anybody is familiar with the DISC test shindig is almost stereotypically an I type personality, meaning he likes being the center of attention. He likes telling his story; where he comes from, what he is doing, why he is doing things. Being defensive of themselves and what they have said, as we have seen with many of his comments, is also a very good indicator of an I type. They also have a tendency to act without thinking. For example saying army aviators don't stack up, to a group almost entirely comprised of past, present, and hopefully future army aviators.

I reverse image searched his photo, when it was up, and the personality behind it was very similar. He is young, popular, and respected in school. He doesn't understand that his reputation doesn't continue over to real life, especially online. Type I's characteristically like to be above or at least on an equal field as their peers. Because of this I believe he is having difficulty with being junior here.

Shindig, Please don't take this as criticism. Type I personalities can make great leaders. The typical I is a people person, usually creative and highly motivated. The army would be good for you to learn respect and how to operate with all types of people.

Some guidance before I leave:

1. You need to think long and hard about joining the military. Its not a job, its a lifestyle. If leaving your phone for 10 weeks in basic is a problem, for any reason noble or not, deployments and field trainings are going to be rough.

2. When you do make a decision you don't need anyone's approval on here except maybe Stearmann's. Don't let being called a turd sandwich or anything else get to you.

3. Read the forums and think. Your question about pushups is going to be best answered on the APFT topic not the "hate on shindig" topic which this has become. You can google that the APFT hasn't changed for 20 years so any information regarding PT will probably be relevant. Same goes for SIFT questions. Pro tip don't re-ask questions other people have already asked and gotten answers to, your answer will be the same I guarantee it.

4. PT every day. do a set of push ups every time you go to the bath room and you will be surprised how fast you improve. I don't suggest doing them in the bath room however.

5. You are free to make any decision you want but you are not free from the consequences of your actions. No one on this site OWES you any help or advice. If you burn any bridges, and it sounds like quite a few have been burned, you have to live with that.