Stats for Sept 2015 Board

Well then ill just sit down and shut up haha. We need to grab a beer or something. Bring Ryan and everyone. Still yet to meet a lot of the VR crew.

😒👈 hey I like beer...

GT: 124

SIFT: 62

APFT: taking it soon

Civilian Education: 26 credits towards Assoc. Aviation Science 3.69 GPA, will have 36 credits by mid Aug.

Military Education: ​WLC, Air Assault, Combat Life Saver

Flight Physical: Stamped

Flight Experience: around 10 hours Fixed Wing, 55 hours Rotary (ongoing flight training), should have private licence by the time of the board.

LOR's: CW3, O4 Batt Commander, O3 Former CO, State Department RSO

Military Experience: 9 years TIS between AD & NG, 4 deployments, E-6 19-D

Civilian Experience: Protective Security contractor for the US Department of State, 3 years in Iraq

Waiver: None

Good luck everyone!

Hey guys Im new here. Excuse my ignorance or newbieness.

Im a former Teacher very interested in this program. Have you guys already submitted your packages and are just waiting to see the board?

Because I just talked with a recruiter on friday about this program and the lady said I would have to get all my stuff together by August 2nd. lol.

Hey guys Im new here. Excuse my ignorance or newbieness.

Im a former Teacher very interested in this program. Have you guys already submitted your packages and are just waiting to see the board?

Because I just talked with a recruiter on friday about this program and the lady said I would have to get all my stuff together by August 2nd. lol.

Everyone who posted their stats in this thread are applying for September. Not sure where she is getting that date from but it would be almost impossible to have a packet ready to submit by that date. November board is a possibility though.

My packet is around 95% completed. All I have left is a PT test, the Battalion board, and my recruiter has to write up some memos. I was told that I would need to have the Battalion board done by mid Aug to have it ready for the usarec board. I have heard of candidates submitting there packets to usarec 10 days prior to the board and being selected. So that date might be their own deadline. One thing you will learn is that different military entities work at different speeds. Good luck to you!

GT: 123

SIFT: 54

APFT: 265 (Updating)

Civilian Education: None.

Military Education: WLC (Commandant's List), Air Assault School and UAV Instructor Operator School.

Flight Physical: Approved, no waiver.

Flight Experience: No manned flight hours. Over 600 total hours of flight with the RQ-7B Shadow UAV, 385 combat hours and close to 200 hours of instructor time. Probably doesn't carry much weight, just stating my background in aviation.

LORs: O-3 Company Commander, O-5 Battalion Commander and CW5 Division SP.

Military Experience: Active Army E-5, 4.5 years TIS, 1.5 years TIG and 1 deployment to Afghanistan. NCOER ratings of 1-1 as an Instructor/Standardization operator for the RQ-7B.

Awards: ARCOM, 4 AAM's and AGCM.

This is going to be the longest two months of my life!

Edited by Seth G.

Going to the battalion board in August but my recruiter seems to think I'll still be able to put my packet in for the September board so I'll go ahead and post my info here. If anyone has any experience with putting packet in after deadline or if this is even possible let me know. Trying not to get my hopes up but it sure would be nice if my recruiter wasn't just saying it to make me feel better.

GT: 125

SIFT: 71

APFT: Taking it soon

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautics

Flight Physical: Working on getting it in the next week

Flight Experience: Around 250 hours, Private Pilot's License with Instrument Rating

LOR's: Working on CWO still, school's flight "team leader", my Home Depot manager

Going to the battalion board in August but my recruiter seems to think I'll still be able to put my packet in for the September board so I'll go ahead and post my info here. If anyone has any experience with putting packet in after deadline or if this is even possible let me know. Trying not to get my hopes up but it sure would be nice if my recruiter wasn't just saying it to make me feel better.

GT: 125

SIFT: 71

APFT: Taking it soon

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautics

Flight Physical: Working on getting it in the next week

Flight Experience: Around 250 hours, Private Pilot's License with Instrument Rating

LOR's: Working on CWO still, school's flight "team leader", my Home Depot manager

Fixed or rotary?

Sorry should have mentioned, all of my flight experience is fixed wing sadly.

No that's fine. If it was rotary I was going to ask why you didn't have your Commercial yet. But fixed-wing that makes sense since the requirements are higher.

• Like 1

Can't wait to post my stats on one of these threads! My process is only beginning, I'm literally taking the ASVAB tomorrow. But I'm motivated and shooting for the November board, assuming the deadline for the September board on USAREC is correct. I'm pretty sure the only roadblock that could hold me back would be scheduling a flight physical.

• Like 1

Don't jinx yourself!

That's true lol but I'm not too worried. I've been preparing for the PFT and studying for the SIFT for the past month or so (long before speaking to a recruiter). I've passed a flight physical before and have been working on LoR. Basically the only things that can slow me down are things out of my control, like a time slot for a physical etc.

Congrats on the 60 btw!

• Like 1

No that's fine. If it was rotary I was going to ask why you didn't have your Commercial yet. But fixed-wing that makes sense since the requirements are higher.

Well honestly I should have my commercial license. I was so close it sounds stupid that I don't have it. I was about to take my checkride but literally had no funds for the past 4 months aside from the little I made at my job. I was forced to put my flying on hold and move back to my home and live with my parents. I was less than $1000 away from my commercial. It the hardest thing I've had to do because I was so close. I hope the board doesn't ask me about that because I have found it really had to explain that to people. Believe me if I had any way to stay and finish it I would have. I'd imagine a commercial license looks that much better to the board. Either way, it's in the past now so I'm just looking forward to the board. People go in there with no flight experience so hopefully what I do have will help.

• Like 1

Is the GT portion pretty much pass or fail to the board? I only got a 119 and I'm a little bit disappointed (read: ego irreparably damaged).

119 is quite good, and definitely well above the Army average. Way above.

• Like 1

Is the GT portion pretty much pass or fail to the board? I only got a 119 and I'm a little bit disappointed (read: ego irreparably damaged).

I wouldn't stress it. 119 is a good GT score and above the minimum requirement of 110. Others have been selected with lower GT scores. I believe your WO Resume and LORs will carry the majority of weight in your packet. The more experienced individuals on this thread will offer the best advice, just stating my opinion.

• Like 1

I guess I'm just down on it cause I took the practice ASVAB in the office and got a 93, then took the real thing and got a 78. I'll just have to really crack down and do well on the SIFT.

I blew that ASVAB out of the water. I prepared heavily for that SIFT test but the way it is designed makes it very, very difficult. Study really hard.

• Like 1

I blew that ASVAB out of the water. I prepared heavily for that SIFT test but the way it is designed makes it very, very difficult. Study really hard.

I had the same experience with the SIFT. I did pretty well on the ASVAB and thought I prepared for the SIFT, but it was much more difficult than I was expecting. Going to be a long two months!!