SIFT INFORMATION

Im talking about the actual details. After you take it let us know what you think would be best to study having seen the actual test.

Lindsey, shut up. Youre smart. Dont under sell yourself

Im talking about the actual details. After you take it let us know what you think would be best to study having seen the actual test.

Lindsey, shut up. Youre smart. Dont under sell yourself

I have taken it! I'm giving the best advice I can...besides actually giving you the questions I remember...lol.

There is nothing to prepare for in this section. It is VERY easy. For example, they show 5 pictures, 1 of the 5 is different. You simply click that one. It might look like this:

v v v V v

You pick the one that is different. The pictures really ARE that simple. Most take less than a second to answer.

but, Congruent doesn't means the same? I would select 5 because it's the same shape... that is what you mean? ...

but, Congruent doesn't means the same? I would select 5 because it's the same shape... that is what you mean? ...

It has nothing to do with congruence. That was just a guess of what "Simple Drawings" *could* mean. Tydaddy has actually taken the test.

• Like 1

I was taking a guess at what the simple drawings were about based on the description given. I was wrong, it is NOT a congruence test according to someone who has actually taken the SIFT.
  • Like 1

I emailed the guy on the SIFT FAQ and he told me MEPS won't be giving the SIFT until March. I also called Fort Hood testing and they told me I can't take it there as a civilian. I'm trying to find out where other people have taken it. I don't want to miss the next board because I can't take it.

Hopefully something will work out. Fort Sill testing told me they should have it up by the end of the week. I am hoping they will let me take it there as a civilian, she didn't say I couldn't when we were talking about it.

Not trying to burst the party either but your Flight Phys takes time to approve and then you'll have to sit for an interview board at the battalion level. Deadline for March Board packet submission for Civs is March 3rd....not much breathing room for anyone to make a delay or mistake.

My recruiter thinks we have about two weeks. He has been in contact with Fort Sill and they will let me take the flight physical as soon as I take the SIFT, they are going to let me walk on without an appointment. My battalion board is Feb 27, I can go to that before my physical is approved as long as I have taken it and its been submitted to Rucker for approval. As far as getting it approved at Rucker it can be approved in as little as a week when submitted digitally as long as everything is done right at Sill. So as long as I don't have any hiccups I still have a small window of opportunity.

As far as getting it approved at Rucker it can be approved in as little as a week when submitted digitally as long as everything is done right at Sill. So as long as I don't have any hiccups I still have a small window of opportunity.

Lol sorry but that really did make me laugh

Lol yeah I know its a long shot, but apparently he made some connections down there the last time he put someone through WOFT and is pulling strings for me.

Doesn't hurt to give it a shot! Worst comes to worst, you miss the board and are all setup and ready for May.

• Like 1

Greetings everyone!

I posted my question on another forum, but haven't received a response yet. I am 43 years old and prior service Navy. I swore into the Army reserve on 1/16/13. Since I spent 11 years and 4 months in the Navy my military age is calculated to be 32. My question is, do I stand a chance at all of getting an age waiver approved? I am in excellent health, and will have no problem passing the physical. I appreciate any info you can give.

Thanks

I figured that is the way it works. I was reading posts on another topic in ths forum related to maximum age and saw something posted by a current or former instructor at Rucker. He said the oldest student he had was 40. That's why I asked, but I have no idea about that students backgroud. I would love this. I hope it's something I can get worked out. Thanks for the response zaurus.

What happened to Biographical History? It was on the AFAST. I took the Navy's test years ago and it was on that as well. I guess they don't care anymore if you weren't the high school quarterback and president of the Latin Club?

That's what I'm wondering. On the AFAST it asked if you had flight experience, how much, etc. I'd be bummed if they dropped that. It does make sense though, because prior flight experience does not have much bearing on future performance as an Army Aviator.

• Like 2