Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

I want so badly for Shindig to be fake (for the sake of the Warrant Officer Corps), but then again I have to remember that I have actually seen a student so incredibly inept and devoid of professionalism that he not only brought his dog to 0900 formation, but allowed it to sh*t on the B Co classroom floor while the SMO briefed us.

Yes, sometimes they make it through.

When i was an IP at Tactics branch, during the debrief on Friday I told my (3) students what we were going to talk about, what the general questions would be and what to have all studied up and read by Monday. When Monday came around, during the "table talk and preflight briefing" I was asking the students questions. When i asked one of them a question, he had NO IDEA what the answer was. I asked.."Well, didn't you do the reading and studying I assigned you?" His reply..." I don't do any Army stuff on the weekends...the weekends are mine." The only thing that kept me from killing him on the spot was the fact that, if I did that, I would likely be the one that would wind up in jail. I just got up, went to the flight commander and got an IMMEDIATE student change! Needless to say, this guy never got promoted, never made it to his second tour and is most likely flipping burgers somewhere now...He was tossed out at the earliest opportunity the Army had!!

I want so badly for Shindig to be fake (for the sake of the Warrant Officer Corps), but then again I have to remember that I have actually seen a student so incredibly inept and devoid of professionalism that he not only brought his dog to 0900 formation, but allowed it to sh*t on the B Co classroom floor while the SMO briefed us.

Yes, sometimes they make it through.

And I can assure you that this one was true as well... unfortunately. .. there was almost a 2 week period where there was a dog or kid there everyday.
  • Like 3

And I can assure you that this one was true as well... unfortunately. .. there was almost a 2 week period where there was a dog or kid there everyday.

Haha I remember that, it's certainly true. There were like 2 kids and a dog at formation almost everyday. The W3 would be putting out info while somebody's kid was running around tearing off random peoples' unit patches and playing with them.

ok so i ended up joining this past fri, not the one before...its a long story but I had doubts with army training and seer since ive heard horror stories about those... but also my mom and her health probs. guys I couldnt sleep or eat at all since i was so stressed about my decision but im glad its over, i really am. So my recr had to do an etp to redo my swear in and when i was there i heard this air force guy say the army is for people who arent that smart etc but i just ignore him. So with that said Im officially part of the brother hood and i can focus on serving our great nation as a pilot which is really good

ok so i ended up joining this past fri, not the one before...its a long story but I had doubts with army training and seer since ive heard horror stories about those... but also my mom and her health probs. guys I couldnt sleep or eat at all since i was so stressed about my decision but im glad its over, i really am. So my recr had to do an etp to redo my swear in and when i was there i heard this air force guy say the army is for people who arent that smart etc but i just ignore him. So with that said Im officially part of the brother hood and i can focus on serving our great nation as a pilot which is really good

So you want to fly an aircraft worth millions of dollars, yet you don't have basic grammar skills? Amazing...

• Like 1

Still waiting for the name of this brave hero

His real name is Fearless Sere Bunny. He is the fifth daughter of the Bunny clan and he/she/it was/is the "reverse prototype" for Caitlyn Jenner or whatever its name is.....or was...or whatever....

It has gotta be something like that and if it isn't something like that, why all the secrecy?

guys how is the food in boot camp and how long do u get to eat? My recr said you barely get time to even eat? and are there stalls or are toilets wide open

guys how is the food in boot camp and how long do u get to eat? My recr said you barely get time to even eat? and are there stalls or are toilets wide open

You have to sh*t in adult diaper (a la Depends), although in your case it will just be a diaper. You also have to carry a tampon on hand at all times (male or female) in case you accidentally shoot yourself and have to plug the bullet hole. And you have to earn food. We didn't eat for the first three weeks. Good prep for sere.

• Like 1

I can't believe this thread still exists. I stopped checking when I went to WOCS in August. I finished SERE and for kicks I thought I'd get back on and check the thread and voila it's still going. This has to be someone at Bravo or Delta company. No way Shinsplints is real.

• Like 1

You have to sh*t in adult diaper (a la Depends), although in your case it will just be a diaper. You also have to carry a tampon on hand at all times (male or female) in case you accidentally shoot yourself and have to plug the bullet hole. And you have to earn food. We didn't eat for the first three weeks. Good prep for sere.

ok linsdey so i dont know maybe you had bad day but i dont find this funny imho....I worked hard to get to this pt and now serving our nation...and then you come on and say stuff like that...I think that says a lot about you...maybe its a female thing to say that bc youre in with a lot of guys in army and dont feel comfy maybe but i hope you well i really do

ok linsdey so i dont know maybe you had bad day but i dont find this funny imho....I worked hard to get to this pt and now serving our nation...and then you come on and say stuff like that...I think that says a lot about you...maybe its a female thing to say that bc youre in with a lot of guys in army and dont feel comfy maybe but i hope you well i really do

Just, wow. Boy, you're going have a steep learning curve if you're a real person who's really seeking a career in the military if you're going to make egregious comments such as "maybe its a female thing to say that bc youre in with a lot of guys in army and don't feel comfy maybe." Basic Training, regardless of how watered down it is compared to 10 years ago or even five years ago, is going to be a cruel wake up call to you.