Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

What was goin on with the gates today? Even the guards trying to make sure Shindig never steps foot on Rucker?

No kidding. I sat in that line for over 30 minutes, and everyone in my class was late for the flight line haha. I got searched too.

Does anyone have any interest in having a slack channel? Might be a little better than using shindigs post as a chat room.

Why? That's all it's really ever been.

Quick question more for clarification than anything...WOBC follows up WOCS and is 3 weeks long correct?

Also... what is the average time frame between completing WOCS and starting WOBC?

WOBC is broken up into two parts now. Part 1 is pre-SERE and part 2 is post advanced airframe.

• Like 1

Yes, yes i do...

I got searched too and was almost late for my exam. It takes roughly 7 minutes from my house to the classrooms. Today took a wonderful 45.

Line to get into Cairns was backed all the way up past the 84....

Maybe someone in security read this thread and it scared the Hell out of them? "Oh my God, what's a Shindig and how do we keep it off base!!"

"Uh... um, code red, CODE RED! CALL THE CG NOW AND EVAC HIM!"

Alright, how long are the separate parts?

For a reference, I graduate WOCS on 9 June and my WOBC is scheduled for 19 June. I was told WOBC is basically 3 weeks of troop leading procedures, convoy/field tactics, leadership material geared toward the tactical platoon leader... that kind of ish...

• Like 1

For a reference, I graduate WOCS on 9 June and my WOBC is scheduled for 19 June. I was told WOBC is basically 3 weeks of troop leading procedures, convoy/field tactics, leadership material geared toward the tactical platoon leader... that kind of ish...

Got it! Thanks!

Will orders for WOBC come during WOCS or before reporting?

Will orders for WOBC come during WOCS or before reporting?

My ATRRS reservation was made for both at the same time. MY PCS orders list both my WOCS class and WOBC class in them. In short, they should both come together unless you are coming TDY or you are NG or Reserves and not active duty. I have no idea what NG and Reserves do...

Since this is the chit chat thread I thought I would post in here. My unit has some money that we must spend in the next month and have an upcoming deployment. Any ideas of some stuff we could purchase to make life better overseas?

Since this is the chit chat thread I thought I would post in here. My unit has some money that we must spend in the next month and have an upcoming deployment. Any ideas of some stuff we could purchase to make life better overseas?

What are the stipulations?