Do most Army soldiers want aviation?

What recruiter doesn't tell their WOFT applicant the interview was cancelled until the day it's supposed to take place?

You'd be surprised. I had a recruiter who bailed on my PT test two hours before I was supposed to take it (and it was a 1.5 hour drive to get there), and the next time he'd be available for one was after the USAREC board cutoff. So off to my third recruiting station I went.

You'd be surprised. I had a recruiter who bailed on my PT test two hours before I was supposed to take it (and it was a 1.5 hour drive to get there), and the next time he'd be available for one was after the USAREC board cutoff. So off to my third recruiting station I went.

Jesus... My recruiter is awesome.

(Not saying that just because I know he'll read this tomorrow.) :)

i dunno about my recruiter ...hes kind of a boob...i think it was canceled a while ago and he just didnt tell me and i didnt even know that i had to go to 2 boards until a little while ago...i thought it was just the board that looks at your packet and then that was it but thats not the case of course. Im just really upset bc i really want to be in flight school before i turn 20 and i don't think thats going to happen now

It's probably for the best, as you don't have a passing PT test. That you haven't even done the research to know that yourself, shows that you're not really as invested in this as you should/could be.

ctree thats not true, Ive put in a ton of time into this but i trusted my recruiters word and i had no reason to doubt before ....but not anymore ive learned and yes i will start doing more research on my own but to say i havent put a lot of effort into being an army pilot is just false i'm sorry if you feel otherwise but i will reach my goal. period.

i did my pt test again and got a 236....little gain but still better and yes i'm still under my pushups. I didnt eat anything like 4.5 hrs before hand and i had a hard time with my pushups but yet my running was much easier..i felt lighter which was weird

i did my pt test again and got a 236....little gain but still better and yes i'm still under my pushups. I didnt eat anything like 4.5 hrs before hand and i had a hard time with my pushups but yet my running was much easier..i felt lighter which was weird

I get that same feeling after a good poop

• Like 4

haha yea thats true stock ... im trying to change my diet up and eat at certain times bc it helps with my pt i think. Ive found there's little things that help ...im really hoping i can reach 250 in the next two wks, thats my goal

guys as you know i want to be a pilot for many yrs to come which is why i want to be in before i turn 20 to have more flying time....but can army pilots fly into their 50s or do they get grounded before then usually because of age and health reasons? whats the typical case?

guys as you know i want to be a pilot for many yrs to come which is why i want to be in before i turn 20 to have more flying time....but can army pilots fly into their 50s or do they get grounded before then usually because of age and health reasons? whats the typical case?

I know of several WO pilots who served past age 60 with an age waiver.

You need to worry more about being selected and completing the process as opposed to how long you will be allowed to serve. Shoot the 25 meter targets for now..... worry about those 350 meter targets later.

Shindig,

I don't think you should worry about that. In my class I think average age is around 28, so clearly most don't.

And even if you don't fly for the army into your 50's, you can just get out and continue flying. You'll see that when you meet some of your instructor pilots.

Holy crap, I guess the view is different at 19 - I kinda forget. I'm low 40s, about to retire, and am still in better shape than a lot of young guns entering today. You can easily do this for a very long time. You're flying a helicopter, not kicking in doors with the guys you're hauling in the back.

I will say, however, that you need a realistic view of what you're getting into. I commend your passion for aviation, but you are getting into something that is much more than being a pilot. In fact, compared to the past 10-15 years (drawdown, shrinking budgets), it may be MUCH less flying than in the past. It has always been less than your peers in the civilian sector on average. I love all things aviation, but I was able to make it a career because of the other facets of service, not just flying. If you're pinning it all on the flying, it may be an extremely long ADSO for you. I will miss a lot about serving (and absolutely not miss a lot), but am now excited to be civilian to "just" be a pilot. You are getting into a lot more. Understand this, and you will be an Army Aviator as long as you can stand it. Good luck!

• Like 3

i didnt take test with recruiter but just got 41 at home on carpet

whats really helped me is doing wide , then mid then close in and that gets all the muscles it works great

Holy crap, I guess the view is different at 19 - I kinda forget. I'm low 40s, about to retire, and am still in better shape than a lot of young guns entering today. You can easily do this for a very long time. You're flying a helicopter, not kicking in doors with the guys you're hauling in the back.

I will say, however, that you need a realistic view of what you're getting into. I commend your passion for aviation, but you are getting into something that is much more than being a pilot. In fact, compared to the past 10-15 years (drawdown, shrinking budgets), it may be MUCH less flying than in the past. It has always been less than your peers in the civilian sector on average. I love all things aviation, but I was able to make it a career because of the other facets of service, not just flying. If you're pinning it all on the flying, it may be an extremely long ADSO for you. I will miss a lot about serving (and absolutely not miss a lot), but am now excited to be civilian to "just" be a pilot. You are getting into a lot more. Understand this, and you will be an Army Aviator as long as you can stand it. Good luck!

Oh my stars, is that an encouraging post? I... I can't believe it.

i didnt take test with recruiter but just got 41 at home on carpet

whats really helped me is doing wide , then mid then close in and that gets all the muscles it works great

The quote below isnt an actual reg, but army.com cant be wrong. right?

If you rest on the ground or raise either of your hands or feet from the ground, your performance will be terminated. You may reposition your hands and feet during the event, if needed, but they must remain in constant contact with the ground.

Make sure you aren't picking your hands up and putting them back down, you can re-position them as long as you are just sliding them across the floor.

Also, if you are actually 20, 41 push-ups is a failing score.