2 Days Until Sequester...

From the way the sequester is structured I can't imagine it will come back. I'd have bet lots of money that Congress would have either pulled out a last minute deal or passed a bill pushing it back to give themselves more time.

This doesn't really bother me actually. The people who were using TA to actually better themselves were a minority. It was overwhelming used by people looking for the easiest degree available just for promotion value while doing little to set anyone up for life on the outside. Not to mention the professional responsibilities which are pushed off on others because going to school somehow takes priority even over combat missions in Afghanistan.

Well, in case people needed any further proof that Sequestration is no joke...

8 MAR 13 - Due to sequestration budget constraints HQDA G-1 DMPM directs that we cancel the SELECTION of 153As for the WO board scheduled for 11-15 March. As of now ALL packets that are in a board ready status will be boarded in May.

During an, unclassified, BOLC brief they said from BOLC to FS graduation costs an average of $3.4 million per student. Also was stated they're having to cut 500 slots this year.

I'm just glad to finally be starting aeromed next week. Was selected Nov 2011, shipped out last May. Has taken a while

• Like 3

Maybe instead of cutting slots the Army could figure out how to bring the cost down. You could buy 200 hours in an MI-26 for less than that. The flight instruction at Rucker shouldn't cost more than a few hundred thousand. Obviously there is more between WOCS and graduation than flying but how you get another 3 million, I have no idea.

Maybe instead of cutting slots the Army could figure out how to bring the cost down. You could buy 200 hours in an MI-26 for less than that. The flight instruction at Rucker shouldn't cost more than a few hundred thousand. Obviously there is more between WOCS and graduation than flying but how you get another 3 million, I have no idea.

Im guessing between all maintenance, pay for all the staff of the schools, and perhaps equipment costs

Maintenance and fuel costs were accounted for in my flight training cost estimate. Staff salaries shouldn't be that much considering they're averaged out per student. If they had a 1:1 student to faculty ratio that only accounts for one average salary per student, and obviously there are way more students than staff so it's not even that much. There's just no way you're getting $3M worth of training out of flight school. If that's an accurate number it's a colossal waste.

• Like 1