Agreed, I would think the station commander would sign that for you. On a side note I just sent my new SOU and tattoo memo today. I'm hoping the pool just got that much smaller with the new reg. I have no tattoos, so I'm clean as a whistle. Had I done the sleeves after my last deployment I would have been out of luck.

• Like 1

Agreed, I would think the station commander would sign that for you. On a side note I just sent my new SOU and tattoo memo today. I'm hoping the pool just got that much smaller with the new reg. I have no tattoos, so I'm clean as a whistle. Had I done the sleeves after my last deployment I would have been out of luck.

I almost made the same mistake after my last AFG deployment... but didn't, as it stands now with how I read the new reg, I'm still good.

So I just left my recruiter. Went through everything and was told my battalion board was cancelled. Potentially August now.

Damn dude, that sucks. So, if your Battalion Board isn't until August does that mean you won't be seen until the September board?

Damn dude, that sucks. So, if your Battalion Board isn't until August does that mean you won't be seen until the September board?

Thats what I'm assuming. I dont think there is any workaround either :(

Thats what I'm assuming. I dont think there is any workaround either :(

Bummer, well, you have a solid enough packet. I'd be shocked if you didn't get picked up whenever it is that you're submitted for.

2/5 of the allotted slots given to the Officer Accession NCO I'm working with for FY14 for the USAR here in FL have been filled. Myself and another are going for 2 of the remaining. They tell me that the board isn't concerned with whether the slots get filled or not, only how strong of a candidate I am. Therefore, I'm trying to not look at it like the odds are in my favor but when you hear 2 of you are going for 3 spots, how can I not? Granted there's another board in September but still.

Can anyone else verify the accuracy of what I'm being told?

Edited by Marine4WOFT

Package finally submitted after 5 years of contemplation. Some of you on here I conversed with when you were just a wee Padawan- freshly minted WO1 or even a selectee. Good luck to everyone at this next board. Oh, and I just learned that the other candidate is experiencing some issues that caused his package to be placed on hold so I'll be the only one going for 1/3 spots left for FY14 for the USAR here in FL. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Oh, and I just learned that the other candidate is experiencing some issues that caused his package to be placed on hold so I'll be the only one going for 1/3 spots left for FY14 for the USAR here in FL. :ph34r:

Nice to know, helped me with the wait somewhat. Always surprises me though when I hear of a region or state having vacant slots, which happens about every board.

Nice to know, helped me with the wait somewhat. Always surprises me though when I hear of a region or state having vacant slots, which happens about every board.

Apparently, the USAR Officer Accessions NCO I'm working with received (5) 153A slots for FY14 which was unheard of. Catch was, you had to already be a drilling reservist in any branch. Not civilian, prior service or IRR. They filled 2 right off the bat but these other 3 have been hanging around for a bit.

Prior to this, I was looking into the FL ARNG which has a lot different, more competitive process to include physically attending a board which is only held biannually. Anywhere from 10-15 applicants per going for God only knows how many slots.

Jeffin I thought you are going to do the guard route? What happened?

Nah I've always been going the AD route. I had to do my flight physical at EAATS which is a guard facility. Maybe thats the confusion. The closest RA base to me is Fort Campbell I believe, which is about 8-9 hours.

Sixteen days until the board convenes. Still waiting on the tattoo waiver, been in "A" status for two months now. I am assuming that the waiver authority is either backlogged, viewing waivers on a pre-board timeline, or disapproving. Not sure which. I'm not holding onto much hope at this point since the new tattoo policy for officer accessions outlined in AR 670-1 is, unfortunately, a very effective way to shallow out the selection pool given the cutbacks of nowadays. Has anyone seen one approved yet?

Lindsey,

Are you at ABOLC now? How is it?

Yep, this is our last week. Actually, I think today is our last day of classes. It's fine, all about perspective really. The classes are boring and it's definitely death-by-PowerPoint for 8 weeks, but at the same time you're getting paid well to do a whole lot of nothing. Long lunches, short days (generally), and occasionally some really cool stuff (airfield day).

• Like 3

Yep, this is our last week. Actually, I think today is our last day of classes. It's fine, all about perspective really. The classes are boring and it's definitely death-by-PowerPoint for 8 weeks, but at the same time you're getting paid well to do a whole lot of nothing. Long lunches, short days (generally), and occasionally some really cool stuff (airfield day).

Sounds a lot like when I was at Ordnance BOLC.