Selection today

• 2 weeks later...

From what I hear there were a lot of sad pandas with the lack of 47 slots. Our class (the one previous to this) had 0 for warrants and one for LTs.

forgive me for not knowing this lingo but what is a "sad panda" lol?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any kind of rhyme or rhythm for a fixed-wing air-frame to come up in selection nowadays? Do LTs have privilege over WOs? What are some common duty stations for fixed-wing air-frames?

"Additionally, what was passed down to us during our selection brief two weeks ago is that they won't make any C-12 slots available to any TH-67 class in the future, so if you want 'em, you better go Lakota."

If this holds true, is there anything on our end we can do to fall in Lakota or is it solely about timing?

Thanks

Is there any kind of rhyme or rhythm for a fixed-wing air-frame to come up in selection nowadays? Do LTs have privilege over WOs? What are some common duty stations for fixed-wing air-frames?

"Additionally, what was passed down to us during our selection brief two weeks ago is that they won't make any C-12 slots available to any TH-67 class in the future, so if you want 'em, you better go Lakota."

If this holds true, is there anything on our end we can do to fall in Lakota or is it solely about timing?

Thanks

It's needs of the Army, as it has always been. LUH classes are the only ones getting FW slots. LTs and WOs draw from two entirely different pools that are managed separately. Not sure about duty stations, but I believe Bragg, Bliss, and Korea are on the menu.

Talk to your SMO about your preference for an LUH class. I don't know who it is now for CC hold, but I'm sure it won't be a problem. It looks like a 50/50 split between 67s and 72s at Cairns now, so you should be fine.

• Like 1

Anyone got any knowledge of recent selections? I heard from a friend that they're not giving out any 64Es currently cause they're all going to the Saudis, but I also heard there's a shitload of 64Ds going out cause of the shortage.

• 4 weeks later...

Selection today (UH-72 Class):

LTs:

14 60M

2 AH-64 D

2 C-12

WO:

9 60M

5 AH-64E

2 CH-47F

4 C-12

question... how hard was it for those 6 guys to get fixed wing? were they top of the class or luck of the draw? My packet is in for the next board and i'm currently working on my helicopter license so I don't mind getting rotary wing but i rather fly the c-12 since they are must likely going to be around the MI community and that is what I have done since day 1!