May 2015 WOFT Board

I'm shipping out on June 1, in 2 weeks to Fort Jackson, with a June 8 training date. Wayy quicker than I expected! I guess it's better than waiting around for months.

Wow that is fast.

• Like 1

Haha, no. My liaison called Ft Knox and that's what the guy told him. I was trying to pick my jaw up off the floor for a couple hours.

At least you wont be at Basic over the holidays. But honestly I know it's abrupt but it's better to get started as soon as possible.

At least you wont be at Basic over the holidays. But honestly I know it's abrupt but it's better to get started as soon as possible.

I agree, I think it's better being this soon. I won't be stressing for 2+ months and I'll get it out of the way. Kinda like ripping a band aid off?

Haha as of now, I'm the opposite, 9 month wait for WOCS (voluntarily) and 3 day turn around for WOBC (obviously subject to change).

That's going to change. The WOBC date you get is just a report to Bco date really. Unless you're guard :)

That's going to change. The WOBC date you get is just a report to Bco date really. Unless you're guard :)

Haha I figured, and honestly that's fine by me. I'll be leaving my wife and newborn 2 weeks after he is born for WOCS. A little bit of time after to get them settled at Rucker is not the worst thing in the world.

So what exactly is accomplished the 5 months between WOCS and WOBC? Also, Is WOBC 10 weeks long?

Right now it feels like our schedule gets juggled daily. I was told that my SERE and Dunker will be done before WOBC now. Usually its WOBC, Dunker, SERE. I also got put on funeral detail, which is typically done after SERE. The plus side is that they are saying myself and those with the same schedule will roll straight from WOBC to Primary. WOBC is about 3 weeks long although I think the schedule says 5?

• Like 1

Right now it feels like our schedule gets juggled daily. I was told that my SERE and Dunker will be done before WOBC now. Usually its WOBC, Dunker, SERE. I also got put on funeral detail, which is typically done after SERE. The plus side is that they are saying myself and those with the same schedule will roll straight from WOBC to Primary. WOBC is about 3 weeks long although I think the schedule says 5?

Protip: don't believe a word B co says, especially if it sounds like a. a promise or b. good news. It's not the worse place in the world but it's also very poorly run. You're just another body there. Just don't get your hopes up and roll with the punches; you'll be much less frustrated that way.

• Like 3

Is this who I think it is? Lol

I might regret saying this...

Surely it can't be that bad.

It's changed a ton for better in the year I've been here... Maybe by June next year it'll be a real company... Lmao