Selection today

Yup. And 750 hours of King Air time will get you right into the right seat of an ERJ145 making 22k a year. FW is not a golden ticket or anything.

That, and with dismal promotion rates, a WO1/LT heading into FW for the foreseeable future will battle reduced flying hour programs and promotion battles. The real potential exists to be exiting the Army without enough hours to make a decent living. The only benefit is you wouldn't have the 80K of flight training debt some commercial pilots are paying off while making the aforementioned 22K a year. Its definitely a gamble.

That, and with dismal promotion rates, a WO1/LT heading into FW for the foreseeable future will battle reduced flying hour programs and promotion battles. The real potential exists to be exiting the Army without enough hours to make a decent living. The only benefit is you wouldn't have the 80K of flight training debt some commercial pilots are paying off while making the aforementioned 22K a year. Its definitely a gamble.

22k if you're lucky. *grumble grumble*

I have a couple of friends flying corporate with less than 1000tt. One flying a Cheyenne and the other right seats a king air. They make pretty good money doing it too. It's all about who you know and what insurance requirements they have.

How many C-12's does the Army have? I thought it was only a handful

Well now its +12 because we (the Air Force) just sent over most of our MC12s (12 in total so far) to the Army. I'll fly anything but I would love a fixed wing slot in hopes of being able to fly the C27J one day. That is a bad ass airplane.

http://www.janes.com/article/45588/usaf-outlines-divestiture-plans-for-mc-12w-liberty-aircraft

Well now its +12 because we (the Air Force) just sent over most of our MC12s (12 in total so far) to the Army. I'll fly anything but I would like to love a fixed wing slot in hopes of being able to fly the C27J one day. That is a bad ass airplane.

http://www.janes.com/article/45588/usaf-outlines-divestiture-plans-for-mc-12w-liberty-aircraft

The article says they're transitioning through next year (which would be this year) so I wonder if there will be a reduction in the number of C-12 spots this time next year.

Well now its +12 because we (the Air Force) just sent over most of our MC12s (12 in total so far) to the Army. I'll fly anything but I would love a fixed wing slot in hopes of being able to fly the C27J one day. That is a bad ass airplane.

The C27J is now an option once you are in the FW community, but there are very few and the slots will be hotly contested. The people who have done their time in the MI community at the controls of the C-12/Dash 7/Dash 8 will more than likely be at the front of the line.

• Like 1

Not a lot however, they just crushed the Cw3 / 4 fixed wing community on promotion and they never had wo1s in fixed wing before. We used to have to submit a packet after flight school to go.

Decimated would be a better description of what happened on this board for 155E/155G W3s and W4s.

I had been warned about the direction FW was going in regards to career progression as a W3, so I moved back to the 64. Much happier.

• Like 1

Decimated would be a better description of what happened on this board for 155E/155G W3s and W4s.

I had been warned about the direction FW was going in regards to career progression as a W3, so I moved back to the 64. Much happier.

Any way you can expand on the warnings you received regarding progression in the FW Community? And how it would impact the new WO1 (FW for life) types?

Why wouldn't it be?

I don't see an issue with it. I selected in about the middle of 2014 and we didn't have Echo as an option at selection then and nobody I know of at that point had seen it at selection. I think it usually came down later on that you were also getting the Echo transition after you finished the Delta course. Atleast that's how I think it happened. I guess it changed from back in my day haha

As of a few months ago, and with the classes in the delta course now, if you get assigned to the unit that has the Echo you'll either get the transition here before you leave or at the unit when you get there. That's how it's going to happen to my class.

The new classes that select are going to to have a small "trial class" of straight through Echo.

They still aren't ready to make the full switch yet but they (hanchey) could easily handle a class or two at a time.

In other news, there's only a few block one aircraft left on the flight line and they slowly dropping out thank god.

Edited by Yamer

So myself and others have been hearing stuff about the LUH class having a limited advanced airframe selection; that they won't be able to select 47s. Folks who really want 47s are fighting to get into a 67 class. This may be a B co rumor mill thing like most things, but I've heard it from several people at different stages of training. Anyone know anything about this? Just curious. Stocktrader?